Wednesday, January 24, 2007

Let's Ride

    My first bike in the city was a brown Schwinn, and I loved it. It changed the way I saw the city. The neighborhoods seemed smaller and closer together, and the whole city felt accessible. I also finally learned all the twisty streets downtown.

    Some of my favorite times on my bike were spent riding down the west side at night, next to the sparkling water, after a ballet or a summer concert in Central Park; or riding over the Brooklyn Bridge with Nick; or lazing around on the grass next to my bike, reading magazines and chasing the dream of getting a tan. And of course there were lots of wobbly rides home after dinners.

    But that fall it was stolen and the affair ended. I have a new bike now, but I'll always have a special place in my heart for my trusty brown Schwinn. I hope he is ok, wherever he is. (Most likely delivering pizzas with his new owner.)

    Anyway, if you thinking of getting a bike (and it really will change your life), the one above is an especially lovely specimen: the Amsterdam from Electra. Happy riding, dear readers!

    (via Love Forever)Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2007/01/let-ride.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive