Thursday, January 10, 2008

Iceland

    All his life, my dad dreamed about going to Iceland. When he finally traveled there last fall, it was even more stunning and dramatic than he had expected. When he returned home to Michigan, he still had vivid dreams about Iceland for weeks. My sister said it was like a woman he had always loved.

    So, this Christmas, I surprised my dad with Reykjavik by Ami Sioux (via Lost). Sioux asked fifty Reykjavik residents to sketch maps to their favorite places. Facing the maps are Sioux's photos of the sites, including a fish store with good homemade fishcakes, an old graveyard and "my home when I was four." I hope my dad is liking the book!

    P.S. This is cool, too.Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2008/01/iceland.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive