Monday, January 21, 2008

The New Deal: No Buying for Three Months

    Last fall, we felt like we were spending too much money on random things. I'd take a walk and come home with a dress. Alex would surf the web and end up buying a book. Our apartments felt cluttered, and it seemed a little ridiculous.

    So Alex and I made a pact: We wouldn't buy any "stuff" for the first three months of 2008. We could get food and toiletries, but we couldn't buy clothes, books, CDs or home decor. I thought it might be hard, but it's actually liberating. I don't feel that weird pressure to buy something when I go into a store, and I'm excited to remix and experiment with the clothes and decor that I already have.

    Even though the pact ends on April 1st, I have a feeling we might stick with it for many months to come....
    (Photos by Barbara Kruger and Andreas Gursky.)Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2008/01/new-deal-no-buying-for-three-months.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive