Tuesday, April 1, 2008

It's my dad's birthday today! Also, Paul's, my sister's husband!

    Happy birthday!

    A fun semantic fact about my dad: He has slang for everything. For example, instead of "happy birthday," he says, "happy bidet," and he hypenates everything, as in "Looking forward t'wit." You kind of have to be his offspring to understand him. Lucy, Nick and I have it down.

    A fun semantic fact about Paul: Paul and my sister Lucy are very sweet together. He calls her Special Doll, and she calls him, Pal, which is short for Paladin, an old-school word for champion...So sweet. I assumed it was his nickname among his friends, so I started calling him "Pal," too. But then, a few months ago, Lucy told me that it's basically their version of "Baby," and no one else calls him it. So when I say, "Good night, Pal," I'm basically saying, "Good night, Baby." Oops!

    P.S. Doesn't Paul look like a bad-ass motorcycle rider in the photo above? He was actually driving this.
    Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2008/04/it-my-dad-birthday-today-also-paul-my.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive