Sunday, September 16, 2007

Big 4?!?


    TONY ALLEN LOCKED AND LOADED, READY TO FIRE ON ALL CYLINDERS

    With a swagger normally reserved for when he arrives at a strip club, Tony Allen boldly proclaimed that he won't be intimidated by anyone- not the three All-Stars on the team or a random jerkoff in a Chicago nightclub.

    "If you put the ball in my hands when I'm healthy, hey, it won't be The Big Three, it might be The Big Four. Right know I'm hungry. That's the mentality I got."


    Good sign. After all, a "hungry" mentality allowed Brian Scalabrine to break his personal cheddarwurst eating record this summer (15 cheddarwurst in 12 seconds, BTW). It also allowed Big Baby Davis to use Eggo waffles instead of bread for his daily 10:15 steak and cheese. When Celtics have a "hungry" mentality, great things happen.

    Allen averaged 18.8 points in the last 14 games (Dec. 13-Jan. 10) of the 33 he played last season. The 6-foot-4-inch, 213-pounder scored at least 20 seven times in that hot span, including a career-high 30 against Denver Dec. 15.

    "I watch those tapes every day," Allen said. "I edited them myself."


    Badass. Of course, then there was the injury, which, as we all know, occurred after the whistle had blown and TA was cruising in for a meaningless dunk. It was the saddest moment of the season, by far, and it quickly separated the dumbass Celtics fans from the reasonable ones. Basically, if you were angrier at Tony Allen for getting hurt on a fluke play than you were at him when he fractured some random's face in a barfight- you suck at life and I sincerely hope you intern for the Knicks and Steph has his way with you in the back of a van.

    Anyway, here's the real health update with actually useful information! Yep, you guessed it, Shira didn't write this one.

    Allen says his knee is "70 percent" and he couldn't play if there were a game today. He participated in five-on-five scrimmages for four straight days last week, but he hasn't regained his explosiveness, nor is he ready to catch alley-oops.

    "I feel like everything is there except my explosiveness right now," said Allen. "I can jump. I can rebound. I can pass. I can cut. It's like my explosive cutting to the basket and on curls - I need to work on that."


    Snooch to the nooch! Looks like the backup point guard spot is taken, and thank God it's not by the dude most famous for being married to Mike Bibby's sister.Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2007/09/big-4.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive