Friday, September 7, 2007

Marbury to NYT: "I'm Crazy, I'm On Drugs, I'm High Every Day"


    In an explanation about as plausible as Dave Chapelle's "I'm not on crack" tour of Africa or Bill Clinton's "I did not have sexual relations with that woman" testimony, Starbury informed the New York Times the other day that he is fine and all the puzzled reactions from the public is because "people don't know me". Sounds plausible!

    However, this is the best part of the article, even though it's not really Starbury's fault.

    Marbury later gave away shoes, sports apparel and haircuts, all part of a campaign, he said, to “help people change their lives.”


    When you're living on welfare in a housing project in an area with very few avenues for employment, the first step on the road to recovery is a new pair of kicks, a tracksuit, and most of all, a haircut!

    Anyway, Starbury informs the New York Times that he is having the time of his life, there is nothing weird about giving a manic sermon on the sidewalk of New York about Zach Randolph is perfectly normal, comparing himself to David Beckham is plausible, and that mumbling incoherently in televised interviews is how he "bugs out" at home. He also lets us all know that he is trying not to swear, which is nice, and that he is prepared to set a positive example for his children by being honest in his testimony during his head pervert, er, coach's sexual harrassment trial which starts on Monday. Of course, Marbury has already admitted to making "profane" comments to the woman in question... but hey, he's always been a Christian! And he's feeling great!

    “I’m in the best place in my life, man,” he said. “It seems like people don’t like when you grow. They don’t like when you get older and you get wiser. I came into the N.B.A. when I was 18. I’m 30 years old. If I didn’t take the time to grow, something’s wrong.”


    This article, I believe, represents the breaking point for Marbury. If he gets any crazier, his bizarre tale tumbles from amusing into sad. Thank goodness we will still have Isiah Thomas and the rest of the Knicks to make fun of, or we'd really be in trouble.Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2007/09/marbury-to-nyt-crazy-i-on-drugs-i-high.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive