Wednesday, March 11, 2009

ARIZA "APOLOGIZES"


    I don't know when we, as a nation, decided that you didn't actually need to apologize in order to get credited for an apology. Chris Brown can beat the hell out of his girl and apologize for the "unfortunate incident that transpired" or whatever BS his publicist crapped out. Taking a page out of Chris Brown's book, this is what Ariza has by way of apology for trying to decapitate Rudy Fernandez when down 28 points in the third quarter:

    "Honestly, there's nothing I can do about that," Ariza said. "I hope it doesn't happen. But I was just trying to go for the ball. I wasn't trying to hurt anybody or do anything like that."

    ...

    "It's expected," Ariza said about the Trail Blazers' reaction to Fernandez's hard fall. "That's one of their teammates. If it was one of my teammates, I'd probably do the same thing. I know it's no hard feelings. They were just protecting a teammate." Fernandez's neck was put in a brace, and he was taken off on a stretcher.

    ...

    "I was just trying to go for the ball, trying to make a good play on the ball," Ariza said. "Unfortunately, somebody got hurt."


    I love it when the offending party says that there "are no hard feelings" when people get pissed at them for their douchebaggery. That's not for you to decide, Trevor. If you put their teammate on a stretcher and they come after you, there are hard feelings. You might not want them to have hard feelings. You might not want to believe that there are hard feelings, but there are hard feelings, and you can't just dismiss them in your pithy little non-apology.

    Ariza's "I was just going for the ball" excuse is nonsensical. Look at that picture and tell me he's going for the ball. Like I said yesterday, Fernandez was going up with his left hand, and Ariza took an impossible angle, cocked his right arm back, and swung it like a maniac. Nobody is going to block a shot at that angle. If Ariza went to the rim, perhaps he had a shot at it, but he didn't, and if he was in the habit of trying to block shots like that, he would foul out in ten minutes of every game. "There's nothing I can do about that." What an ass.Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2009/03/ariza.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive