Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Salmons Spawns All Over Celtics' Faces


    DISRESPECTFUL TO DO ON ST. PATTY'S DAY OF ALL DAYS

    The Chicago Bulls have been on a weird little run recently, beating the piss out of the Hornets the other night. They didn't do that to the Celtics, but this was a weird game. First, I just have to get this out of the way, but I hate the Bulls' green jerseys and the whole game was distracting. To make matters more confusing, John Salmons was torching the Celtics on the perimeter and Brad Miller was all over the place. The two of them combined to shoot 21-32 from the field and score 59 points. Brad Miller was a +19. What the hell!? Salmons, to me, is always that guy that is included in trades every year just to make the money match up. Brad Miller was suspended for violating the league's substance policy and most of us presumed he would wash out of the league. But he hasn't, at all, much to my chagrin last night. The only silver lining of the game was the hilarious ejection that Doc Rivers was served with under 30 seconds to go. Here's what Doc has to say about it:

    Rivers, meanwhile, was irate after he got whistled for his second technical foul with 29.8 seconds left. That led to an automatic ejection and a rant against referee Bill Kennedy.

    Rivers claimed he was goaded and called it "the most unprofessional tech I've ever had ... [Kennedy] stood there and goaded me and goaded me and goaded me and stared at me," Rivers said. "Look at the film. I actually walked away. He asked me, 'Where do you want the ball?' And I said, 'Ask them,' talking about our players. That's my right to say that, and I walked away. He stood there and stared me down and stared me down and goaded me until I turned around and said, 'What?' That's when I got thrown out of the game."


    If you're wondering if the ejection was as awkward as it sounds, it was more awkward than that. It reminded me of this scene in Royal Tenenbaums, with Gene Hackman playing Kennedy and Danny Glover playing Doc Rivers. In fact, I think when Kennedy ejected Doc he said "I want your raggedy ass out!"



    The Celtics continued to be tormented by idiotic turnovers that lead to easy baskets for the opposition. I have accepted that this will never change for this team. The Celtics also continued to be tormented by people getting injured, as Ray Allen went down with a bad elbow late in the game. He's day-to-day. Don't worry, I'm sure Stephon Marbury, the 0-2, 2 turnover in 13 minutes dynamo is ready to step in.

    The Celtics will play San Antonio on Friday. I would be resigned to a loss if the Spurs didn't just get toasted by the Oklahoma City Thunder. Then again, the Celtics just lost to the Bucks. Call it a wash. Prediction- Bill Walker's interior defense and antagonism leads to a low scoring affair for the Spurs. Celtics 65, Spurs 8.Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2009/03/salmons-spawns-all-over-celtics-faces.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive