Wednesday, November 19, 2008

The Knicks are Clowns


    Via the Herald this morning:

    The clubs bickered last season, and the New Yorkers were angry with the Boston verbiage following the Celts’ 110-101 win last night.

    “Some guys I’ve never heard a word, but all of a sudden they won a championship and now they’re doing a lot of talking,” said Knick Zach Randolph.

    Teammate Quentin Richardson also was rather angry, saying, “(Paul) Pierce winning a championship, congratulations. But that was last year. Brand new year. Got to do it again.

    “I think a few of those guys know they can’t just say anything to us,” Richardson added. “I’m just real curious to see what those guys will be saying if we weren’t in a basketball league and didn’t have referees. I mean it wouldn’t be the same story. I mean they are the world champions and rah-rah-rah, but the tough part I don’t factor. I come from a neighborhood where you can say what you want to say, but ’til you do something, it don’t mean nothing.

    “Some of those guys are happy to get a ring, but you ain’t been in the league long enough to talk to people like that. I don’t have a lot of respect for that. Like I said, I’d be curious to hear what they have to say in a different setting. I’d be very curious to see that.”


    I love the threat, "If things were completely different, things would be completely different." While you could contend that the Celtics would turn into pussycats if the two teams were playing a real-life version of Bill Laimbeer's Combat Basketball, I doubt that would change the result- Celtics victory. First of all, the Knicks play small ball and were outrebounded by nine- with KG out of the game. That, to me, points to the fact that the Celtics would have pushed the Knicks around even more with no refs in the building, or in QRich's terrifying neighborhood that he grew up in, for that matter. Second, what the hell does "until you do something, you can't say nothing (sic)" mean in this context? The Celtics won a championship! Isn't that the something!? QRich can't even win a headband-wearing contest on his own team. Third, nobody cares about the terrifying neighborhood QRich grew up in. That doesn't matter to anybody. Fourth, isn't QRich ignoring the lessons of the terrifying neighborhood he grew up and reveres so highly? As he points out, the cardinal rule of trash talk is that in order to speak it, you must back it up. The Celtics won a title and then beat the piss out of the Knicks last night. What do the Knicks have to back up their braggadocio? They're above .500? The neighborhoods they grew up in were scarier? Who gives a shit?

    I'll put this out to you- QRich, man to man. If this was a game of around the world, in the terrifying neighborhood I grew up in, around my peeps, I'd be very curious what you'd have to say then. I'd be very curious to see that.Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2008/11/knicks-are-clowns.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive