Saturday, November 17, 2007

I Heart Celtics on About.com (and go to a Milwaukee Bucks game)

    Our friend Dennis, the Basketball Guide over at About.com, has tapped I Heart Celtics to do a weekly Atlantic Conference review. The first one came out earlier this week, but I was exiled in Milwaukee so I didn't see it until now.

    Speaking of which, I went to a Bucks-Grizz game while I was up there and it was the most depressing thing I've ever seen. First, I scalped tickets off of a guy in the street for $5. Yes, five bucks, rendering my $7 beer 40% more valuable than admission to a Bucks game. Secondly, the upper decks of the Bradley Center doesn't have lighting, so it was really dark (illustrated well in the picture to the right) and they shined a searchlight up there to try to pump up the fans. Although it was well intentioned, sitting in the cold dark Bradley center with that damn searchlight snaking around made me feel more like I was attempting to escape a Gulag than watch and NBA game.

    Searchlights aside, the game was actually pretty close, but still not exciting. Yi Jianlian played, and I was tickled to hear all 2,500 or so fans in attendance chant "Yiiiiiiiiiii" every time he touched the ball. In a way I could see why the poor fans are so excited about him: the Bucks are the most boring team ever. Michael Redd, their "star" basically jacks up fade-away threes all game, while Adnrew Bogut just stands around in the paint. Mo Williams just runs directly for the hoop any time he touches the ball (and got it knocked away several times), and Dan Gadzuric, well, at least he almost got in a fight with Pau Gasol when Gadzuric blatantly clothes-lined the bearded Iberian.

    Sadly, my attention was pulled away from the game due to a gang of 9-year-olds behind me, who had ingeniously revamped the Baja Men's classic "Who let the Dogs out? Who, who, who, who?", singing instead "Who let the Bucks out? Who, who, who, who?" They did this maybe, 5000 times, really getting a kick out of themselves more and more each time. I guess it worked, because sure enough, the Bucks won.

    Please be sure to check out our weekly Atlantic Conference roundup on probasketball.about.com.Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2007/11/i-heart-celtics-on-aboutcom-and-go-to.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive