Tuesday, November 6, 2007

Jackie Christie Talks Celtics, Sluts

    I Heart Celtics' favorite ball-and-chain Jackie Christie, who apparently has a blog for my favorite basketball website HoopsHype, has spoken: The Celtics will win 60+ games. Not only that, but she calls it "great news". Here's what the old battle axe says:

    In today’s society, it seems like great sports news take a back seat to controversy and rumors. I ask myself… Isn’t anyone interested in writing the good stuff about sports anymore?

    Can’t we just focus a little more on the fact that...the Boston Celtics will be a 60-plus Ws team [?]


    I'm with you Jackie. This is great news, and the Celtics are already one thirtieth of their way to matching your prediction. Of course, this prediction is coming from a person who has insisted on marrying the same man a staggering 13 times. She is also the same person who was once quoted as saying "When the going gets tough, the tough go shopping" (put that in your pipe and smoke it, Winston Churchill). Although I do not hold quite as strong of an opinion on shopping in the face of adversity, I am glad that Jackie and I share the same high hopes for the Celtics.

    Unfortunately, Jackie's Celtics love ends there, as she switches gears to another I Heart Celtics favorite topic: sluts. Long story short: they're everywhere. In cars, at autograph signings, delivering mail to the locker room. Its freaky.

    I was certainly riding high after Jackie's column, until I noticed her most recent post, in which she predicts the following: "I must say that Dallas is going to be really tough to beat, especially now that they have acquired Juwan Howard." Like that, the stone that had "Boston Celtics will win 60 games" written in it crumbled to dust. Truly a non-sequitor for the ages, that line evaporated my reverie of seeing that 60-22 in the standings. Let's just hope that when the going gets tough this season, the Celtics don't go shopping for Juwan Howard.Source URL: http://ledger-heath.blogspot.com/2007/11/jackie-christie-talks-celtics-sluts.html
    Visit ledger heath for Daily Updated Hairstyles Collection

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive